California State University System
CSUSB is a member campus of the California State University (CSU) system and is guided by system-wide policy on sustainable practices:
Policy Statement on Energy Conservation, Sustainable Building Practices, and Physical Plant Management for the California State University Effective August 2, 2006
- Supersedes Executive Order No. 917.
- Amends Energy Conservation Goal for all CSU campuses through FY 2009-10.
- Requires the installation of clean cogeneration to generate between 24 and 40 MW.
- Requires renewable energy generation between 2 and 10 MW.
- Meet or exceed Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS) goal of 20% by 2010.
- Beginning FY 2006-07, all new construction shall outperform Title 24 Standards by at least 15%, and all major renovation projects shall outperform by 10%.
California State University, San Bernardino
Modifies regular campus operating hours and work week to reduce energy costs.
Prohibits smoking in all CSUSB vehicles and on all CSUSB property except in designated smoking areas.
Outlines a range of strategies to reduce energy consumption and associated costs for CSUSB.
Outlines ancillary guidelines to control utility expenses through scheduling, temperature set points, and cost recovery.
Encourages the use of bicycle transportation to reduce pollution, vehicle congestion, and parking costs through designated paths of travel.
Limits facilities use during non-regular hours to be scheduled in designated areas only where possible to minimize use of HVAC systems.